Goggin Law Firm has been tirelessly representing and protecting individual & businesses since 1996. Kay Goggin is the principal attorney, and the trusted cornerstone of our practice. She has expert knowledge in many areas of law including workers compensation and negligence claims. Legal issues can be especially painful to discuss, and during a time of crisis, many questions arise such as:
- How do I file a claim?
- Do I have to go to court?
- Who pays my medical bills?
- Can I go to the doctor?
- Should I talk to the insurance company?
- Who will pay for my lost wages?
- What do I do if I am in pain and cannot work?
- How long will my case take?
We understand those concerns at the Goggin Law Firm, and Kay’s mission during her career has been to fight for those who have been affected by someone else’s thoughtlessness. Being board certified in Personal Injury Trial Law and Workers Compensation Law by the Texas Board Legal Specialization, she has been successfully representing plaintiffs in Dallas / Fort Worth and all of North Texas for more than 27 years.
“I do believe that in our system of justice a person injured as a result of someone’s negligence has every right to pursue that claim and to ask for monetary damages based on the facts of that case.”, Kay Goggin. Everyday is spent fighting your battles for you. We go up against the insurance companies and adjusters who are trained to settle for the least amount possible.
At Goggin Law Firm, we also represent businesses or start ups who need legal help and advice. Among the multitude of worries for entrepreneurs who are starting, or are already running a small business is usually the question of whether or not to hire a business lawyer. While there are things an entrepreneur can handle on their own, seeking legal advice in order to have all your affairs in perfect order is advisable. Taking chances with contracts, the businesses’ legal structure, or how to protect one’s assets are extremely important matters.
While you certainly don’t need an attorney for every step of running your business, starting and protecting your business and your family from day one is prudent advice.
We offer services such as:
- The formation of a Texas Corporation
- Forming an LLC
- Articles of Incorporation
- Customized By-Laws and Minutes
- Stock Certificates
- Contract Vendor Dispute Resolution
- Secretary of State Name Search
Kay Goggin also has a long history of service in addition to her thriving practice. She is an active member of many boards, committees, civic organizations, law associations, as well as being an active community volunteer.
- Served on the board of directors of the Dallas Trial Lawyers Association (1998 – 2000)
- Treasurer of the Texas Workers’ Compensation Claimant’s Lawyers Association (1998 – 1999)
- Founding member of Texas Workers Advocates (2011)
- Member of the Dallas Bar Association, American Trial Lawyers Association, and State of Texas Bar Association (She belongs to a variety of sections including family law and tort litigation. She is past president of the small firm/solo practice section of the Dallas Bar Association and has volunteered for the e-mentoring program with a high school student.)
- Completed training in both family and civil collaborative law
- Served on the board of directors for the Dallas Women Lawyers Association a number of years (1993-1998 and 2011-2012)
- Served one year on the board of directors of the Texas Women Lawyers Association
- Founding member of the Dallas Association of Social Security Claimant’s Attorneys
- Served on board of directors of a political action committee, Citizens For A Fair Judiciary (2000)
- Served on a 2001 Dallas County Stakeholders Committee for Civil Courthouse Renovation
- Served on Advisory Commissions for the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Regularly speaks on legal topics for Continuing Legal Education programs
For more information about the attorney’s click below
Rest assured, when you contact The Goggin Law Firm, you will be cared for, as well as represented by attorneys who are passionate for people who have legal needs. With confidence, call the Goggin Law Firm at (972) 437-1965.